Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Caught Up At Last?

Hi Everyone and Happy 12th of January 2011! 
We've had two snow days off from work and today I'm on leave!  Which leaves me in the highly unusual position of actually being caught up for a little while with everything I want to do (I'm never caught up with what I "should do" so don't even go there)!  As I said, this is very unusual, so I'm just going to enjoy it as much as I can, knowing that at any given moment I'll be right back in the rear again!

One of the things I've managed to complete is a blue toile apron for my youngest daughter, to match the tea cozy I made for her about 2 years ago.  Apparently I promised her back then that I'd make the apron for her!  Unfortunately, I forgot all about it and when she was visiting this Christmas she had a great time teasing me about it!  So, to help even things out, I also made her three rather plain book marks!  Neither of my daughters care in the least for all the embellishing I LOVE to give things, so it was with quite an effort that I left these p l a i n.   Here they are.  What do you think?

It's almost impossible to photograph aprons without the use of a model (not available) or a mannequin (also not available, as mine are buried outside in the studio somewhere).  So flat on the floor it went!
 
Told you they were plain.  Effective yes, but they could definitely use some more ZING!!  Oh well......

In addition to these items, I finally got all the Christmas decorations inside the house put away!!  Notice I said, "inside" the house.  I still have to un-decorate the screened-in back porch, but that's another day - when it's a lot warmer than the current temp!  Besides, I don't have to look at it so it's a simple case of "out of sight; out of mind"! YEA!!!!

Let's see.  What's next?  Valentine's Day!  I swear if I see another piece of chocolate, I'll.......well, never mind.  I may have to eat those words, so I'll just leave it at that!  Maybe I can convince Nigel NOT to buy any Valentine's chocolate and then, more importantly, NOT get upset at him when he listens to me and doesn't buy any!!  Poor man!

Will I decorate, you ask?  Hardly any at all.  I have one small silver tinsel tree, about 2 1/2 feet tall, with little red heart ornaments on it.  And that's ALL!!  Of course, Isabel may bring home some items she's created at school and I'll HAVE to hang those up, but otherwise it's fairly simple.  I'll have to remember to include a photo of the tree in the next post or so.

Now Easter is a very different story!  I tend to go a little crazy then too, though not nearly as much as I do at Christmas!  I started decorating for Easter while we were stationed in Germany in the 1980's, when the girls were little and Nigel was in the Army.  The Germans decorate willow branches with tin-foil wrapped candies, small wooden painted eggs, and so on.  They're lovely and of course it didn't take much for me to completely fall for it all!  You could say it was the Army's fault, or the German's fault.  Oh well, I guess it's MY fault.  I can't help it!  I love to decorate!!  Last year I was lazy though and didn't get the tree out.  Needless to say, Isabel was NOT amused!!  She reminded me about two months ago that I MUST put up the Easter tree this year or she would be "very upset!"  Gotta LUV that kid! 

Well, that's it for now.  Hope you're all well and happy, and enjoying the snow!  Love and Blessings to All! Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment