Sunday, May 9, 2010

Recent Finds at Scott Antique Market in Atlanta!

Just wanted to include photos of some of the cool finds from a visit to Scott Antique Market in Atlanta in March.  Okay, so I'm just now getting around to posting them, but at least I am getting around to it!! 

The first photo is of an antique silk and lace embroidered drawstring bag - perhaps for toiletries?  I'd love to know more about the lady who owned it but since it was literally in a bag of "bits and pieces", the likelihood of finding anything about it is slim to none!  So beautiful!

This photos shows a collection of other laces, so frail and in some cases literally falling apart.  It was in the same bag of "bits and pieces" as the drawstring bag.  I love the aged appearance; I think most of this lot came from the 1920s and 1930s, though some pieces (not shown) are from the 1950s and 1960s.


Are these fabulous or what??!!  I went wild, as you can see!  I spent almost an hour going through everything the vendor had to offer.  And I'm happy to report that I got the very best he had, much to the dismay of many other ladies I had to keep holding at bay!  For those of you who've seen me shopping, you get the picture!  But well worth my efforts.  I'm thinking of creating some evening bags and including them as part of the design.  Now all I have to do is find the time!  So little and so precious it is!


Antique embroidered bath linens!  Couldn't pass them up either!  I think I'll put them on my Etsy site (Fursdonhouse.etsy.com).  They're so sweet.  And I love the blue on cream linen!


Well, that concludes this posting.  Hope you enjoyed looking!  Jan Fursdon, of Fursdon House

No comments:

Post a Comment