Monday, August 30, 2010

Peaceful Bliss

Yes, it's been awhile since I posted; been way too busy.  I missed you, Ms. Blog!  But I'm back now and have a lovely view to share with you.  Actually - two lovely views.  The first is a yellow water lily that's blooming in Nigel's Koi pond.  They're so beautiful and the amazing thing is that they grow underwater!!  They come out early in the morning, and close up every evening.  Makes one treasure them all the more!  We have several of these sunshiny yellow ones and two or three fuschia pink ones!  I love the way the lattice work of the arbor above is reflected in the water; looks like black lace!


And now I'd like to share with you more of Nigel's talents.  It's nice to be able to show off the multitude of things he's built over the years.  I tried to convince him he was an artist too, but he just laughed it off, looked at me as if to say, "You're nuts!"  then went on about his merry business.  Oh well, I know he is and I'm very fortunate to have him.  See what you think!

     
One of my favorite places to be, especially in the spring and autumn, or late at night any other time of the year, when the sun's gone down and I can see the moon reflected up above the rooftop.  I've loved to swing ever since I was a little girl.  And I like to swing high too!  I have a lovely memory of my father and grandfather, both sitting on either side of our metal swing set when I was about eight years old.  I sat on one of the swing seats in the middle and went as high as I could go while the "men in my life" weighted down the swing to keep it from tipping over.  Even so, every now and then, the metal legs would give a little jump.   Of course my mom would have been furious had she seen what I was doing, but I'm happy to say we stayed out of trouble that day!!  And here I am, some 40+ years later, still loving to swing high!  This time, Nigel set the legs into concrete for me!  I come out here when I'm happy or sad, content or troubled.  Somehow swinging just seems to help me get my perspective back if all isn't right with the world.  Another memory I have is of my grandmother the spring before she died in 1998.  We were sitting in her swing on her back porch, catching the cool breeze of an afternoon and talking idly about whatever came to mind.  It was a lovely peaceful time and I'll cherish it always.  May God Bless, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment