Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Dark Side of October!!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry to take so long to get this posted.  I received a lovely ATC from Sherry at http://www.scrappingwithsherry1.blogspot.com/.  Our theme for this month at the BlissfullATCSwap is DARK, and Sherry certainly didn't disappoint!  What's really cool is that the card actually lights up!!  You press a certain spot on the bottom right, and suddenly red lights start flashing through the vampire's eyes, and also the bats' eyes!  I tried to catch it in a photo, but failed.  Sorry, but photography is not my strong suite!

Thank you so much Sherry, for such a cool ATC! I may have to hide it from Isabel though! Once she sees those lights, it may not be mine for long!!

Here's the ATC I created.  When I thought of our theme of "dark", an image of the very depths of the ocean came to mind, with all the different colors of blue.  See what you think!


Okay, I admit its not as exciting as Sherry's, but I had a great time with this one.  I used one paint card sample as the base.  From a pamphlet of different colored paint samples, I cut out 8 squares and stitched them to the base.  I then chose buttons that reminded me of the ocean's many colors and glued them to each of the 8 smaller samples.  With a blue copic marker, I outlined the smaller squares over the thread and around the edges of the base.  Voila!

Well, that's all for now! Hope you're all having a great day! Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment