Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Trip to Murfreesboro, Tennessee!!

As I mentioned in my last post, when Nigel was in Iowa, I went up to Mufreesboro, TN, to visit my dearest, very best friend ever - Sherry Craig.  Isn't she lovely?  We had an absolute blast!  We've known each other since we were 13 years old, in Jonesboro, Arkansas! That's only 37 years ago!!  Sherry is the sister I never had.  When we're together, it's like we never left - no matter how long we're apart.  And since we've both turned 50, we've been having more fun than ever!  We seem to energize each other; when I return home from a trip to Sherry's, I feel like I can tackle the world!  And she says I inspire her!  So you can imagine how much fun we have!

Long ago, we decided we would only visit places where you could NOT easily take children (because that's where we spend too much time anyway).  So we spent time (LOTS of it too!!) in the book stores; both Barnes & Noble and Books A Million this time!  And we went to Coldwater Creek!  LOVELY clothes!  And several trips to Starbucks!  I've discovered a green tea I actually enjoy!  It tastes great, either hot or cold, and has no caffeine!!  It's called Tazo Zen tea.  Don't get me wrong; I love my English tea (P.G. Tips), but it's very strong and I'm trying to cut down on caffeine, so this makes a nice substitute in the afternoons after work!  Among other things, it has lemon verbena and spearmint leaves in it!

When I get the photos from Sherry, I'll write about our trip to the local Farmer's Market, held every Saturday at the town square!  Lovely time!  And then there was my insane shopping spree at The Country Gourmet, a sweet little shop on the square that sells hand-made chocolates (oh darn!), lovely cards, some jewelry, and some of the sweetest holiday ornaments you've ever seen!  So.....Sherry - get those photos to me quick!

Love and Blessings to All, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment