Saturday, August 7, 2010

Driving Through Tennessee, Back Home to Alabama!


Lovely, old country road - peaceful and serene!  A lovely beginning to the drive back home to Alabama!


I'm always amazed to see houses and property like this just across the road from farm buildings and old barns!  A Tennessee specialty?


More peaceful scenery!  How did I take photos?  Well, I couldn't possibly focus without stopping and it was already about 5:30 p.m. and I wanted to get home.  Isabel had already called and asked if I'd come by and see her before going home.  And of course I couldn't resist that little plea in her voice!  So......I just held the camera up and kept shooting.  I naturally made quite a lot of BAD photos, but these turned out great!


I love these rock walls lining the interstate (I-65).  And in many areas throughout Murfreesboro and Franklin (where my brother Larry lives), you'll see rock fences bordering the various properties!  Beautiful!


More rock walls!  And I'm happy to say there was very little traffic!  It was just turning dusk and the drive home was a relaxing end to a hectic but very fun weekend!!


I promised Sherry I'd drive slower than my usual, so I kept Tiwanda Tundra (my beautiful big girl!) on cruise control!  Here I am - about to enter the state of Alabama!  But I have to admit, Tennessee is one of the most beautiful states in the entire union, if not THE prettiest!! 


And here's the exit for home!! Huntsville sits just north of Madison where I live.  They've both grown so much, especially in the past 20 years, that you never really know when you're in one or leaving the other!  Sherry and I live about 2 hours from each other.

See you soon! Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment