Tuesday, September 19, 2017

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!! BOO!!!


Hi Everyone!

I know it's been over a year since I've posted; 19 months to be exact, but who's counting?!  But I got the urge to do "something on the blog" and I love to teach, so here I am.......getting ready for Halloween!! 

I'm having a Ladies Halloween Lunch in a couple of weeks. I already had some fantastic Halloween party invitations that I'd found in a thrift shop a couple of years ago.  Here they are below:


Fantastic deal! Yes, that price is what I paid for them - 
Eight Martha Stewart cards for .50 cents!!!  


I knew I'd use them "some day" and that day finally got here!


Unfortunately, I didn't have enough cards.  Hmmm.....what to do? I couldn't find anything already made that I was satisfied with.  What to do? What to do? I know...make my own!!
 And here they are:


Not quite as fancy, but I LOVE them! Here's how I made them:  Found myself at Michael's (how sad) and I just started looking at everything Halloween related (since they didn't have any Halloween party invitations).  I came across quite a lot of "stuff".  I thought about stickers and smaller items, but I knew I'd have to buy a lot of them to make enough to fit on blank cards, and that would be too expensive!  The people at Michael's probably thought I was crazy, because I kept going back and forth and comparing this and that, etc.  And finally I found this:  


It's a banner of cats that had battery operated lights that would make the cats' eyes glow.  It was on sale (YEA!!!), which was great because the original cost was $20.00.  To make sure the cats weren't too big for the envelopes I'd chosen, I carefully took them out of the package and compared their size.  It just fit!  (Another YEA!!)  So here's what I did:


This is what the cats looked like, joined at the head with little punch out tabs for their eyes.  So I carefully cut them apart and punched out the eyes and this is what I came up with:


Aren't they cute?


Here's what was left of the package, which I've just put aside for "another project"!


I found blank cards and envelopes that had an insert, which is where I'll put the party information on, and I'll just paste the cat in place!    Ta Da!!!

The thing to remember here is to "look outside the box" and also compare, compare, compare!  The size is extremely important because you don't want to spend too much on stickers and stuff. And the difficulty with stickers is that you need a certain "theme".  That's why I kept going back to these cats! And I also had to make sure I could separate the cats, which was easy since they were made out of paper. But these are things you need to consider on your search!

So....there you have it!  Halloween cards with character!!

Happy Halloween!!  BOO!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment